Are you interested in becoming a Operations Supervisor?
Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit is looking for Operations Supervisors in Tempe, AZ. Our Operations Supervisors are an integral part of daily operations. Our Operations Supervisors monitor driver and dispatcher performance and assists employees with any issues. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is why our employees call this the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
Our Operations Supervisors will enjoy:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
Our Operations Supervisors are responsible for:
- Counsels, coaches, and trains drivers and dispatchers.
- Tracks trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
- Ensures that drivers are performing assigned duties correctly and safely and that they meet all job related specifications.
- Prepares operational reports/schedules. Maintains accurate daily records of operations.
- Dispatches as needed. Reconciles previous day deposits.
- Responds to customer comments.
- Other responsibilities may include: road checks, routing, training, payroll, and other administrative tasks as required.
- May assist in driver hiring in accordance with company standards.
To qualify as a Operations Supervisor, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class B CDL Air Brake Passenger endorsement
- 1-3 years of transit or related experience
- 2-3 years driving experience preferred
- Supervisory experience strongly desired
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to verbally communicate with passengers, Drivers, Dispatchers and Road Supervisors including use of a 2-way radio and PA system effectively
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.