Nesco Resource is looking for 1st shift and 2nd shift Material Handlers for our client in Martinsburg, WV. These Material Handlers will be working 6am-4:30pm or 4:15pm-2:45am.
The main responsibility of this client will be to move material to and from inventory as required. In addition to material handling, focus will be on the following duties:
- Follow established safety protocol and tow motor maintenance procedures and keep accurate logs.
- Move product from production area to designated inventory locations.
- Maintain inventory in an orderly fashion
- Verify the information on the material ID tag and the bar code label for the inventory
- Bring any incorrect information or discrepancy to the attention of the area supervisor
- Correct any issues prior to moving materials
- Inspect .the packaging of all products and bring any non- conforming packaging to the attention of the supervisor.
- Work closely with the department supervisor and lead person to assure optimum efficiency.
- Inspect skids, boxes, and crates before stacking sheets in them. If packaging is damaged, do not use and have it changed out.
- Visually inspect sheets coming off former for good quality. Stop machine if necessary. Inform lead/supervisor.
In addition, these Material Handlers will need to have their High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, be able to read, write, and speak English fluently to complete and evaluate paperwork. These employees must also have basic math skills, basic reasoning skills, and the ability to stand for long periods working in a manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk, and lift loads up to 50 pounds, turn and bend. Must be able to safely operate handling equipment and obtain operator certification as required..
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Packaging And Labeling