Title: Senior Asset Manager
Location: San Diego, California (United States)
Do you have a clear capacity to create value and identify opportunities from financial reports scrutiny?
Do you have experience in asset, contract and risk management?
Do you want to be part of a growing company and are you driven by results?
Join our Asset Management team, whose mission is to coordinate key aspects of the operations in terms of contract management, risk custody, sound governance and performance optimization by maintaining a multi-disciplinary approach and matrix management. You will report to the Senior Director – Finance, Operations and will be responsible for overseeing and supporting our U.S. projects under development, in construction and in operations.
Your experience, your sense of initiative, your thoroughness, your ability to manage several files at once and to prioritize, as well as your collaborative spirit will make you the ideal candidate.
• Monitor and manage financial performance in close connection with the operations team of a portfolio of operating renewable energy assets across multiple jurisdictions;
• Work in conjunction with the development and construction departments through knowledge and understanding of project-specific contractual requirements;
• Work in conjunction with the operations department to understand operational inefficiencies to provide value-driven performance optimization solutions;
• Maintain key external stakeholder relationships to provide solutions to questions as they arise (Tax Equity Partners, Sponsor Equity Partners, Lenders, etc.);
• Assume leadership and act as a key contributor in the decision-making processes and cost savings initiatives by collaborating and supporting the cross lines of services;
• Lead project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owners, contractors, and vendors;
• Participate in and support the preparation of cash flow forecasts and monitor the financial performance to present internally to department leads, along with key external stakeholders;
• Ensure that the quarterly and year-end closing procedures are accurate, within deadlines and comply with IFRS and US GAAP standards;
• Lead the preparation of the annual budget planning exercise and in the analysis of variances between budgeted and actual results on a monthly basis to be reported on to department leads;
• Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and various agreements and ensure that the administrative procedures meet the requirements.
Your skills, our requirements!
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in a similar position;
• Recognized accounting designation (CPA);
• Solid knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and US GAAP Accounting Standards;
• Financially literate with an understanding of accounting standards and publications;
• Knowledge in the operation of renewable energy facilities, an asset;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Power Pivot and Power Query, an asset);
• Experience with an accounting platform or an ERP system; Great Plains, an asset.
• Proficiency in English, both spoken and written; French and Spanish, an asset.
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Spanish Language
- French Languages
- English Language