To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77040
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail Sales Rep II
IGT • Houston, TX
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.Responsibilities
Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with lottery personnel and lottery retailers and maximizing sales through merchandising, training and promotional techniques. Assists Sales Supervisor/District Sales Managers in formulating and directing District activities and training Sales Representatives. Actively involved in learning District Office responsibilities and developing supervisory skills in preparation for succession planning.
- Travel within assigned territory almost 100% of time worked.
- Recruits new lottery retailers and grows sales at existing lottery retailers by selling new products/promotions.
- Monitors and oversees new retailer training and installation of new stores.
- Visits retailers as needed to ensure a consistent and professional presence at every lottery retailer.
- Manages instant ticket inventory to maximize sales in specific retail locations. Makes recommendations or takes action that will result in optimizing lottery product sales.
- Tracks and maintains adequate inventory levels of the instant ticket product at assigned retailer. Picks up old inventory and transfer packs as necessary.
- Removes closing games as directed by the lottery within required time frame.
- Delivers, installs and maintains all lottery point-of sale materials.
- Operates, and trains retailers to operate, all lottery equipment.
- Provides field training to retailers on changes and/or enhancements to lottery games and promotions.
- Performs retailer terminations, change of ownerships and other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the advantages of proper placement of lottery products and point of sales materials and equipment.
- Conducts scheduled classes every week to train to New Retailers
- Researches, plans and develops District Events, submits proposals to the lottery and coordinates said plan.
- Coordinates required selling events and accomplishes targeted goals.
- Tracks and maintains an accurate record of Lottery merchandise, for the District, used at Events and Promotions.
- Conducts training sessions with new Lottery Sales Representatives.
- Assist Sales Representatives in resolving retailer problems and concerns.
- Coaches Sales Representatives in the use of marketing techniques.
- Advises Sales Representatives of Corporate sales promotions and coaches regarding their follow-up in the field.
- Assist with maintaining Sales Representative records and reports.
- Provide feedback to Sales Supervisors and/or Sales Managers for Sales Representative performance reviews.
- Prioritize assignments and schedules. Ensure that sales routes are covered in the absence of Sales Representatives.
- Ensures district adheres to lottery's monthly compliances.
- Assists with completing special projects directed by Lottery Commission.
- Assists Key Account Representatives with implementation of sales programs.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in retail or wholesale sales
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and experience with PowerPoint for work on company provided tablet
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit diverse audiences
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to work autonomously
- Must reside in the region where the regional office is located
- Extensive daytime travel in company vehicle
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.