To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Network Engineer (REN 6823)
AVANGRID, Inc • Portland, OR
Posted 1 month ago
The Senior Network Engineer will have the responsibility for providing technical leadership in network planning, developing enterprise strategies, provide direction for network systems solutions using current and emerging technologies for a complex and robust national WAN/LAN. This role is responsible for the completion of assigned complex or long-term engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
Duties also include installation, documentation and network diagnostics. The Engineer will work closely with both the team, the business and application support to further build out this environment as we grow team to further develop the network environment.
We are a cross-functional team with IT colleagues located on both sides of the USA and in Europe. Avangrid Renewables is 24/7 and is headquartered in the heart of Portland, Oregon's Pearl District.
- Work with Network Team on the development the overall network strategy, design, upgrades, deployment, retirement and troubleshooting of components.
- Responsible for architecting new integrations and deployments in order to standardize network technologies.
- Act as a liaison between the business and Telco/Network carriers for design and troubleshooting.
- Perform traffic analysis and capacity analysis of network systems.
- Perform proof of concept testing and validation of network design in accordance with the policies adopted by the business.
- Documentation of network systems, Visio Drawings, implementation plans, and handoff documentation.
- Plans and evaluates complex existing network systems and make recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Performs troubleshooting procedures and design resolution scripts.
- Identifies and evaluates new products and technologies.
- Translates business requirements into network or process designs.
- Design for future state of network including integration with departments.
- Participate in developing guidelines and procedures for Security, WANs, LANs, and network services.
- Document activities in progress via weekly status reports, incident reports, logs, etc.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience as it relates to the job description.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Experience in network engineering, design, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco IOS / NXOS and related technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Firewalls, Cisco Routers, Switches and Wireless technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco IOS, Cisco NXOS, OSI Model, Switching, IP Routing, IP Subnetting, TCP/IP protocol, IPSec, Router/Firewall ACL’s, VLANs, WLANs, NAT, DMVPN, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, SDWAN, iWAN and structured cabling.
- History of managing complex efforts with demanding customers.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Available for travel (10%).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Knowledge of Palo Alto, Cisco Firepower, FMC and Checkpoint firewalls.
- Working with NERC CIP standards.
- SCADA LAN/WAN communication (OPC/DCOM).
- Experience with Riverbed Steelhead WAN optimization.
- Experience with Solarwinds and LiveAction Network Management Tools.
- Experience with Bluecoat (Symantec) Proxies, Radware, and Inflobox.
- Experience with RSA SecureID.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam (only if applicable to job requirements), background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle.
Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org