Leverage your sales experience into a sales career with UnitedHealth Group. As an Inside Sales Representative, you'll answer incoming calls from people interested in purchasing insurance supplements (no cold calling). You'll solicit basic information, answer questions and provide options while serving as a consultant to help the callers select the right plan for their situation and budget. Don’t wait to join us! There’s never been a better time than now to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Inside Sales Representatives receive a competitive base salary and are eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Our training classes not only prepare you for your role and ensure that you have the tools and resources that you need to be successful, but we will pay for and provide support for you to obtain the required state insurance licenses you need to have.
If you provide verification you hold the appropriate state licenses at the time an offer is made, and upon hire you successfully complete our UHC Portfolio Agent New Hire training class, you may be eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00AM – 9:00PM, shift will be provided during training with rotational weekend work.
If you currently reside in the state of Arizona, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Answer incoming phone calls from prospective members and identify the type of assistance and information the customer needs with the goal to convert the caller to a qualified lead and ultimately sale
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Using knowledge of the product portfolio to accurately assess the distinct needs of different prospects, explain the differences between various products, and assist the prospect member in selecting a product that best meets their unique needs
- May make outbound calls to prospective members to follow up on questions or to current members to review current or new products and services
- Assist the prospect in completion of the enrollment application over the phone with complete, accurate and required information, consistent with product requirements and enrollment guidelines
- Meet the goals established for the position in the areas of: sales quota, attendance and other performance criteria
- Meet and maintain requirements for agent licensure, appointments, and annual product certification
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
All new hires will be required to successfully complete the UHC Portfolio Agent New Hire training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material.
- High School Diploma/GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- Within 30 days, must obtain all appropriate state insurance licenses (may be completed during training)
- Sales experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of caller communication styles and personalities
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: billing, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, office, UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, adjustments, phone support, sales, telesales, Medicare, hiring immediately, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Tempe, Glendale, Chandler, Scottsdale, #RPO, remote, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, SSM&R, uhomr