Job Description For PostingMercer is seeking candidates for the following position. Candidates can be remote or based in either our Phoenix, Atlanta or Minneapolis office:
Senior Government Healthcare Financial Consultant
What can you expect?
- We specialize in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services. We bring the best critical thinkers forward in helping our clients address their issues
- The Senior Government Healthcare Financial Consultant partners with state governments to examine financial reports in order to understand emerging Medicaid health care experience as well as the financial performance of managed care organization and interacts with credentialed actuaries and financial executives to ensure Medicaid dollars are being utilized efficiently
- This role provides you with an opportunity to work in a team environment to ensure client recommendations contain multiple points of view
- Beyond the in-depth training provided, new employees are included on client teams immediately, providing unique opportunities to learn more while helping team members with critical workloads and making a difference to our clients.
- As part of Mercer, the Government Human Services Consulting team offers its expertise within a small business atmosphere
What’s in it for you?
- On day one you'll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits in addition to employee discounts and other ancillary benefits
- This position also offers 25 vacation days annually
- We run many social and new-hire events, outings, and employee networks. Having fun in the work you do comes from being a part of a client team and contributing to its success
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Work with client and team project managers to clearly define the scope, timelines and deliverable(s) of the project; ensure development and proposes essential project documents, including the budget and work plans
- Ensure regular communication with client to review project status and expectations; provide expertise and insight to the client and team to solve potential problems within the project; manage scope of project, budget and timelines
- Manage the relationship with the key client stakeholders and oversee client engagements including: overseeing multiple project managers; ensuring the team is within budget, on time and producing work consistent with the scope of work; ensuring communication with client, project team and senior client leader
- Be responsible for the project resource management including: identifying and securing resources; ensuring work is leveraged to the right skill and career level; and providing team members opportunity to develop skills and expertise. Additionally, ensure project managers are coordinating tasks with specialists on the project team
What qualifications are necessary to have for the role?
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years of financial analysis experience
- Advanced MS Office skills
What makes you ideal for the role?
- Medicaid program experience is strongly preferred
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Government Healthcare Financial Consultant
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees. Whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Government Healthcare Financial Consultant We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Discounts And Allowances