Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Associate Instructional Designer within Provider Education is responsible for conducting training needs analysis, designing/developing training and communications, and evaluating training to meet training needs for the external provider network. The ID monitors the efficiency of training programs and materials, makes recommendations for improvements and implements changes as necessary. This position collaborates with subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders to obtain resources and craft training content. The ID position will create innovative, interactive and efficient training programs for external provider audiences incorporating multiple formats: e-learning, instructor-led, webinars and blended learning.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post - offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm CST). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Analyze, create and evaluate content to determine appropriate training strategy for various internal and external teams
- Ensure effective and efficient learning strategies based on learning objectives and best practices
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and SMEs to obtain assets and create training content (i.e. storyboards, participant and facilitator guides, etc.)
- Determine appropriate performance tools to assist learners in retaining the desired skills and knowledge (i.e. job aids, manuals, checklists, etc.)
- Plan, create and coordinate communications and implementation with facilitators, trainers, and project/program/department managers as appropriate
- Collaborate with multimedia designers in the development of online modules and supporting performance tools
- Garner owner and legal approvals during the design and development phases, as appropriate
- dentify and evaluate appropriate evaluation tools to measure training success against a set of metrics
- Maintain and update library of e-learning materials
- Other duties as assigned by manager
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in either professional training and development or instructional/curriculum design
- 2+ years of experience and knowledge of instructional design and development processes
- 1+ years of experience in technical writing and editing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word (create, edit and save documents), Microsoft Excel (create, edit and save spreadsheets) Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management) which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Bachelor’s Degree (General Business, Instructional Design, English or Education preferred)
- Knowledge of training technology and web-based tools desired (Captivate, Articulate, Storyline and Camtasia)
- Experience working with technical and/or clinical subject matter experts
- Excellent communication skills in order to communicate ideas in a structured and logical manner both verbally and written
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of personality styles
- Detailed oriented, demonstrated ability to work independently, and proven organizational skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize projects and multi - task while meeting critical deadlines
- Problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Thorough understanding of learning and development methodology
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to LHI Associate Instructional Designer - Remote
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to 36.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: instructional design, technical writing, technical editing, professional training and development, instructional/curriculum design, trainer, technology, web-based tools, Captivate, Articulate, Storyline and Camtasia, Instructor, telecommute, remote, La Cross, Tampa, Optum, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo