To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Test & Development Engineer
Experis • Milwaukee, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Test & Development Engineer
We have partnered with a well-known and highly respected global manufacturer and service leader of pace-setting machines in their search for a Test & Development Engineer. Our client has strong leadership, culture of inclusion, a highly recognizable brand name, and offers challenging work that fosters tremendous growth & development and advancement opportunities. This position will work within an established department that consists of a talented team of engineering professionals. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for providing a wide variety of test engineering expertise/support and is exposed to cutting edge technologies which includes world class electric motors, drives, and transformer/power distribution componentry that are used within our client's products/equipment.
Day in the Life:
- Evaluate systems and components to be tested by working closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) on assigned projects.
- Assists SMEs in the development of validation and verification (V&V) test plans on assigned new product development (NPD) or issue resolution projects
- Performs and documents engineering tests both in the lab and in the field
- Performs lab safety training and audits for personnel using the lab
- Assist with FMEAs and other reliability/test activities on NPD projects
- Maintain lab motor/drive controls, electrical and mechanical systems
- Develop LabView code to perform automated testing as required
- Occasionally supervise independent testing performed by SMEs in the lab
- Apply data acquisition systems to capture and analyze pertinent technical data from machines in the lab or the field
- Occasionally supervise the work of technicians and contractors on testing programs
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred)
- Minimum 2 of years test engineering experience (Off-Highway or Mobile Equipment experience highly desirable)
- Knowledge and experience with AC and DC motor drive fundamentals, medium voltage power distribution, transformer specifications, tuning motor closed-loop control systems, and field commissioning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with typical test equipment such as VOMs, DMMs, DAQ systems
- Experience with LabView and automated test design
- Experience with TestStand and Veristand a plus
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work both independently and as a major contributor on a team
- Ability to travel up to 25% (domestic and international)
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is dedicated to being a preferred employer who provide a global environment with interactions to numerous cultures, career opportunities in diverse areas, a highly competitive benefit package, including a generous 401(K) plan, profit sharing, corporate wide bonus plan, educational assistance program, and monetary rewards through employee recognition programs. They look to hire people who value a positive work culture, want to be part of a winning team, and have a desire to learn and grow. Their culture of continuous improvement values hiring individuals that are looking for the opportunity to stretch their current talents and skills to the next level and beyond. Please apply if you are interested in being considered.
* Please note all resumes and candidate information submitted are kept in the strictest confidence. No resumes are released without our candidate's prior permission.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)