To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bear Mountain, NY 10911
- Guest Services Inc
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Guest Services, Inc. • Bear Mountain, NY
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Bear Mountain Inn, managed by Guest Services, Inc., is now hiring an Administrative Assistant to provide support to the catering sales team. As the first point of contact for the sales team, qualified candidate should have an outgoing personality and be customer service oriented. Apply today!
The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact at the unit, and is responsible for the administrative tasks assigned to support the unit.
- Keep official Association records and execute administrative policies determined by or in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Adhere to and promote GSI Hospitality Standards.
- Manage Unit Manager's calendar and independently schedule appointments.
- Screen incoming calls and correspondence, and respond independently when possible.
- Prepare memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to staff and monitors compliance.
- Direct preparation of records such as agenda, notices, minutes, and resolutions for Board meetings.
- File and maintain Association documents and records. Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files.
- Act as an onsite Human Resources contact: maintaining and executing changes to employee files, preparing new hire packages, and coordinating benefits.
- Take and transcribe dictation, and compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compile documents for travel-related meetings, and accompany supervisor when requested.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Greet visitors in a pleasant manner.
- Answer phones with a polished manner, and accurately transfer high volume of calls to the appropriate departments. Operate multi-extension phone system.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned by Unit Manager.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED preferred or previous experience as an administrative assistant or related customer service position.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical figures.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize Microsoft Outlook.
- Great interpersonal skills required, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a desk for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
Typical office equipment (computers, multi-extension phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.