To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ 85054
- Latesha Housley
- Phone: 602-575-2101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
MDI Group • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Reports to the Manager, Technical Analysis. The Business Systems Analyst 3 serves as a technical liaison to the business product owner and translates customer business needs into well-defined user stories through a consistent process of building collaborative relationships, analyzing and modeling requirements, and ensuring that designs and implementations fully meet defined business objectives. The Business Systems Analyst 3 assists the build team from project inception to RUN hand-off ensuring that the business needs are met. The Business Systems Analyst 3 is a project/feature subject matter expert. The Business Systems Analyst 3 researches and recommends process and tool improvements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% of time –
- Gains a solid understanding of customer request via analysis and interviews with Product Owners and subject matter experts in order to fully manage user stories from inception through acceptance.
- Accountable for creating user stories and/or use cases by decomposing high-level information into testable acceptance criteria.
- Understands and communicates cross feature, functionality and project dependencies.
- Organizes and host grooming and design meetings with Product Owners, Architecture, Run and Build Teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that the technical solutions meets the functional design and business customer needs.
- Schedules regular check-in meetings with Product Owners, to assure alignment on business request and to discuss iteration roadmap progress and priorities.
- Create/maintain project’s wiki page and RUN Acceptance Criteria.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts and resolves ambiguities.
30% of time –
- Participates in strategic technical planning with business stakeholders, IT staff, and PLAN to identify, scope, and prioritize new functionality and defect remediation.
- Understands and communicates the technical architectures, systems and business rules and the technical implications of business strategy from an end to end perspective.
- Understands enterprise services and the service portfolio and works with technical leads to recommend the use of services in projects.
- Understand and call-out story/functionality/project dependencies on both system and dependent teams.
- Serves in Business Systems Analyst role for larger initiatives and teams.
- Collaborates with developers, architects, and other subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and to analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
20% of time -
- Assists Test Engineering, when needed, with the development of test cases, running tests, and provides subject matter support during testing efforts. Assists with root cause analysis and analysis/management of defects.
- Assists Architects with process and application flow diagrams and documentation. Assists development staff and Architects by answering technical questions through research, design, and build processes.
- Assists the Run Organization with operational support, system behavior diagnosis, and troubleshooting efforts.
- Responsible for gathering all the technical information needed for hand-off to Run.
10% of time –
- Ability to schedule and facilitate team meetings which include; architecture and design, grooming, stand-ups, Run hand-offs, planning events.
- Assists in the onboarding of new associates onto the Business Systems Analyst team.
- Facilitates training of new process and application knowledge for Business Systems Analyst team.
- Keeps up on industry trends and current technological and business process management standards and best practices and makes recommendations to the Senior Analyst team and management.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field, from a four-year college or university and four or more years related experience and/or training in the IT field.
- A minimum of two years’ relevant experience in agile software development. Demonstrated knowledge of agile software development methodologies, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and object-oriented programming methodologies.
- Solid understanding of systems development and input/output modeling.
- Ability to interact with the Operating System, locating and reading files.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business process management methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management system technologies and tools.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor.
- Strong presentation skills, including expressing technical concepts in business terms to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong research skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to facilitate and lead project teams.
- Ability to perform intermediate to advanced system analysis.
- Ability to identify key performance indicators in business processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment, both independently and collaboratively.
Ability to uphold Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.