SP Industries is seeking temporary a mechanical assembler/brazer to assemble machines and sub-assemblies under general supervision while following drawings, procedures and other written documentation.
Prepare and assemble various segments of mechanical systems and top-level assemblies as well as lower-level components and sub-assemblies under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
- Interpret and use drawings, process procedures and other written documentation to complete preparation and assembly of components.
- Fabricate simpler components using various items including hand tools, power tools, fixtures, jigs, drills, taps, saws and other tools and tooling.
- Form, prepare and align copper, brass and plastic piping along with associated bracketing and hardware.
- Braze, solder and bond piping as may be required. Mount various assemblies and components.
- Perform required metal treatment processes per documented procedures and work instructions; processes include polishing, painting, and passivation.
- Run machines and production equipment with assistance and guidance from co-workers or immediate supervisor as may be required.
- Assist in the preparation of equipment for testing.
- Meet documented specification requirements and quality standards in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Clean, prepare and package equipment for shipping.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized work area.
- Use various types of material handling equipment including hand trucks, carts, forklifts, scissor lifts, cranes, etc. where required and available.
- Suggest changes for improved operations and cost savings.
- Complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner as required in the manufacturing process such as: Time and Attendance Sheets, Assembly Routers, Non-conformance Records and Test Records.
- Follow all safety policies, precautions, recommendations and procedures as may be applicable.
- Assist other production departments or operations areas based on workloads and needs. Assist in other non-production areas as may be required by supervision and management.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and work instructions in compliance with SP's Quality Management System.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Welding, soldering and brazing experience or certification a plus.
- Fork Truck Driver's License or training preferred.
- Technical School a plus.
- Previous experience a plus.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and adjust focus between near and far objects.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, crawl, bend and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to work from ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Some work is performed in tight spaces with difficult access.
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to handle tools utilizing various energy sources- low and high voltage, pneumatic, hydraulic -of low to high power.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Brazing (Metal Work)