As a senior plant design/piping supervisor designer in the Jacobs CMS - Nuclear Projects and Consulting business unit you’ll lead teams of junior, mid-level and senior designers to create equipment and piping models in SmartPlant S3D. Additional the Supervisor will be responsible for the oversight of coordination with other disciplines working in BIM models, working with piping engineering, and working with designers and engineers in other disciplines as well as our teaming partner offices to deliver a fully coordinated and collaborated BIM project model.
The Plant Design/Piping Supervisor responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Supervising the development of piping systems and equipment in SmartPlant 3D.
• Developing General Equipment Arrangement Deliverables.
• Progress tracking for the creation of the design deliverables such as orthographic and isometric drawings.
• Managing schedules and budgets of the Plant Design and Piping Team.
• Coordinating interference detection and resolution
• Ensuring proper integration with other SmartPlant tools such as SPID, SPEL and SPI.
• Working with Piping Engineering on Pipe Specs and Stress analysis.
• Working with Structural Engineering for Pipe Support designs.
• Managing the model outputs for material lists and reports.
• Working with Civil on underground interface connections
• Assisting in the development of design and checking checklists
• Assisting in the development and professional growth of his team
• Providing performance evaluations to the Plant Design and Piping manager
- High School Diploma/GED
- 15 years using BIM tools for Plant Design
- Chemical process industrial mechanical/piping design experience
- Nuclear piping design experience
- Experience in supervision
In addition to the Basic Qualifications the ideal candidate might also have:
- 20 or more years of experience preferred.
- Trade School or Associates Degree
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit integrity and the highest quality in all activities
- Self-motivated, team-focused professional
- Self-starter who can manage and self-direct work
- Previous nuclear and chemical piping design experience
Office environment. (95%)
Telework is not an option for this role, all work performed from secure office environment.
May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals and industrial facilities.
Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions.
Must be able to move and sit for extended periods (100%) as well as and lift up to 35 lbs (25%). Vision correctable to 20/20. Candidate must have the ability to read and use SmartPlant design software unassisted.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment - PC, telephone, fax, copier, job related software (SmartPlant design) and other related equipment (90%)
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Overtime/work outside normal schedule required (as needed)
Travel required (<10%)
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
U.S. Citizenship required. No dual citizens. Valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be familiar with and comfortable working in a team environment. Appropriate grooming and dress code acceptable for a customer environment is necessary. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required. Must take and pass a pre-employment drug and background check.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]