JOB TITLE: IT Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
DATE SUBMITTED: October 2019
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree or higher in an IT related degree program
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Confidentiality required.
- Minimum of 2-year experience in help desk environment or user assistance role
- Strong knowledge of various technologies and practices including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Remote Desktop support, and basic LAN/WAN concepts.
- Exposure to and familiarity with personal computers, servers and networking.
- Must be able to perform all functions independently with minimal supervision in a reasonable amount of time.
- Must be able to evaluate the work load and prioritize as necessary.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be flexible for weekend duties.
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- A+, Network+ or MCTS or must possess the ability and motivation to obtain certifications.
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, kneel, crouch, or stoop; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extensive use of desktop computer and phone in a fast-paced environment is required
- Provide day-to-day technical support, system privilege and password administration to end-users throughout our internal and external software and systems
- Administration of system privileges and passwords for all Merchant Food systems and associated users.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal and Government regulations.
- Assist users with setting up software accounts. Provides direct support in answering, evaluating, logging and prioritizing incoming voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance regarding our Powernet system, PowerMobile system, Dock Scheduling, and other in house software systems.
- Assists with the installation of software and hardware as assigned by the Director of IT.
- Serves as direct liaison between internal and external customers and Information Technology department to resolve end-user issues.
- Assist with Software deployment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Comp Tia Network+