Responsible for the build, support, administration, and optimization of the network and associated systems software and hardware. Designs, deploys, and troubleshoots small-scale network deployments. Conducts routine tests to ensure operability and security of the network. Authorizes access to the active directory. Identifies network needs and capabilities from an end-user perspective. Troubleshoots intermediary network problems and escalates large-scale network issues appropriately.
* Installs and supports LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
* Installs, configures, manages and maintains network infrastructure devices as well as all related hardware and software.
* Identifies network needs and capabilities from an end-user perspective.
* Monitors network to maintain integrity and security.
* Assigns configuration of authentication and authorization of active directory network services.
* Maintains network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
* Maintains network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
* Designs, deploys, and troubleshoots small-scale to medium network deployments.
* Conducts appropriate tests to ensure the proper working condition and security of developed and purchased network systems.
* Monitors network performance and performs intermediary network restoration/recovery actions.
* Responsible for operations, configuration, and maintenance of telecommunications such as voice, video, and data transport and associated hardware.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field or equivalent relevant experience.
2-5 years of experience in network administration.
CompTIA Network+ and/or CCNA certification preferred.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Maintains an up-to-date technical and practical knowledge and understanding of system testing and analysis.
* Maintains knowledge of backup/recovery practices.
* Experience with industry router configurations and switch configurations.
* Experience in the administration of a Microsoft Active Directory network environment.
* Knowledge of, and the ability to practically apply, necessary testing, practices and procedures.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills are required as well as strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Advanced diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Strong technical knowledge of network, security and storage infrastructure including: local area networks, wide area networks, wireless networking, VPN, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, WAN optimizers, endpoint security and encryption, proxy servers, digital certificates, data center management and cabling standards.
* Excellent troubleshooting abilities through the use of techniques and methods which will isolate and identify faulty components or configurations within a system so that services can be quickly restored to normal levels of operation.
* Experience in troubleshooting network connectivity (LAN, WAN and VPN).
Server Supported Gaming