To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Princeton, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MEDICAL ASSISTANT I
Sheridan Healthcare • Princeton, NJ
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing Company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Certified/ Registered Medical Assistant at Princeton Pain Management.The Medical Assistant is responsible for performing clinical functions such as taking history and vital signs, documentation results, coordinating lab and prescription orders, and assisting with minor office procedures. Assures optimal patient flow within the clinical areas and communicates issues with physicians, clinical, and administrative staff and management
- Assists clinical personnel during patient visits.
- Remains with the patient during the exam.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Obtains and documents vital signs and lab work.
- Collects specimens.
- Labels and completes lab requisitions, including ICD and CPT coding.
- Sends specimens to lab per patient’s insurance plan.
- Performs reconciliation of labs and orders and independently follows-up on overdue pending results.
- Performs all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Processes prescriptions and orders as directed by provider.
- Prepares exam rooms.
- Stocks rooms and reorders supplies. Ensures supplies are received as ordered; follows up on incomplete or inaccurate orders.
- Sterilizes instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Performs patient education.
- Retrieves voice mail messages and communicates to appropriate staff. Returns/triages telephone calls if applicable.
- Communicates, under clinical supervision, medical results to patients.
- Ensures all outside records are incorporated into chart or EHR.
- Tracks medical non-compliance and contacts patients as needed.
- Completes requests for medical records.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Certified/ Registered Medical Assistant- Required
- Active CPR/BLS certification required.
- A minimum of (1-2) year(s) of related experience and/or training preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use an electronic health record
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- EMR- eClinicalworks
Envision Physician Services is one of most experienced and successful providers in the country of hospital-based services and office-based specialty practices. Based in Sunrise, Florida, Sheridan has seen steady growth over the past 60 years and currently provides services throughout the U.S. Through our partnership with Sheridan, we’re able to offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K Retirement Plan) – All eligible on day one of employment.
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Assistance/Allowance (After 1 year of employment)
If you’re ready to accelerate your career with an exciting, progressive company, don’t hesitate to apply now for immediate consideration!
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an equal opportunity employer.