Sr. Director, Accounting Policy - Mergers and Acquisitions
Location near Tysons Corner, VA
Industry: Financial Services
Job Category: Finance / Accounting - Financial Control
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Financial Service group acts as advocates and advisors in accounting topics for the Company. The group, supports the entire enterprise by providing exceptional partnership, advice, customer service and guidance in all accounting topics.
Lead a team of subject matter experts on mergers and acquisitions, new initiatives in Lines of Business and potential other accounting topics germane to the financial services industry.
Areas of focus may include any of the following:
Leadership in due diligence efforts.
• Loan accounting, including impairment and allowance-related matters.
• Business combinations, specifically acquired loans, goodwill and other intangibles.
• Consolidation-related issues across a broad array of entities.
• Fair value.
• Research, interpret, and apply authoritative accounting guidance to unique situations in the above areas of focus.
• Partnership with finance and business stakeholders across the organization to provide guidance and consultation on technical accounting issues.
• Technical support for reporting and disclosures.
• Develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies in accordance with GAAP.
• Monitor developments in GAAP and assist in the initial adoption of new guidance.
• Communicate complex topics clearly too diverse internal audiences.
• Manage a team of 4-5 subject matter experts.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other military experience.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
• Must have M & A experience (Mergers And Acquisitions)
• 12 years of accounting experience.
• 5 years of public accounting experience or at least 5 years of technical accounting experience.
• 3 years of Accounting Policy experience.
• 3 years of Mergers and Acquisitions experience
• Willingness to Travel – Occasionally
• Experience with either a large, public financial services company in Accounting Policy or in a technical accounting role within a large public accounting firm.
• Experience interacting with standard-setting organizations (FASB, EITF, OCC, SEC, IASB, etc.)
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package
International Accounting Standards Board
Financial Accounting Standards Board (Fasb) Certified
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles