BGIS is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join the team as a member of our growing team in Dallas, TX.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients.
The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses. With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider
Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS's clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010.
- Supports client account management with financial and other reporting needs.
- Supports monthly and quarterly client financial, business plan and reporting.
- Perform monthly variance and outlook analyses.
- Assists in preparation and supports multi-department and corporate annual budgeting and business plan process.
- Prepare monthly client invoice and monthly financial reports
- Assist in the development of organization finance policies, conduct special studies, and cooperate with various departments in the preparation of statistical studies.
- Interface with department and senior management and business users to map out and document business reporting requirements.
Analysis and Reporting
- Solve problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of complex factors.
- Build complex financial models, draft comprehensive budgets, and assist in deal analysis and negotiations.
- Develop and generate clear and concise reports.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new reporting tools and administer those tools going forward.
- Assist in the design and development of enterprise wide and technology enabled business intelligence capabilities.
- Process ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Five (5) years of experience in financial analysis and in data mining, data analysis and data modeling techniques required.
- BA/BS degree in business, accounting, finance or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Proven leadership experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Able to work well all levels of internal personnel and personalities and external customers required.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities required.
- Knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative data collection, metrics & analysis required.
- Strong knowledge in developing reports from scratch using Business Objects or Crystal Reports required.
- Prior experience with SQL databases, IBM AS400 systems and DB2 databases preferred.
- Prior Business Intelligence development and design preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Microsoft Power Point
Microsoft Share Point