A Cook is responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability.
Reports directly to the Team Member Restaurant Sous Chef.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
What will I be doing?
The Team Member Restaurant Line Cook is expected to not only take complete ownership of the station but also to be a team player and help out where ever necessary
• Basic to good knowledge of Gastronomy
• Able to handle service and stay organized
• Able to work a busy station
• Great love of cooking
• Able to follow recipes
• Quick learner who wants to experience all the stations and cuisines.
• Minimum of 1 year in the culinary department of a luxury hotel or restaurant and / or a culinary degree.
• Quality driven with a passion for excellence.
• Approachable, open-minded and fair
• Flexible work hours to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
• High energy
- Advanced HACCP certification or equivalent
- Additional languages
- Experience in volume cooking is a plus
- Knowledge of other cuisines is a plus
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its URL blocked - click to apply. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!