ABOUT THE JOB
The Compliance Manager will be a member of the Fair and Responsible Banking compliance team within Compliance Risk Management. In this role, the Compliance Manager will provide support to the Fair & Responsible Banking Compliance Management System, assisting the Compliance Executive and Sr. Compliance Manager in program development and enhancement. In addition, the Compliance Manager will provide support to various lines of business by researching, interpreting and assisting with applying the assigned laws and regulations to each applicable line of business. As subject matter expert for their assigned laws and regulations, the Compliance Manager will provide consultative advice across all lines of business related to compliance. The Compliance Manager will perform oversight activities and assume responsibility for mitigating and discouraging actions that may expose KeyCorp and its affiliates to risk outside its desired risk appetite. Candidate must establish effective business relationships, displaying an ability to interact and promote a good day-to-day rapport with 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line of Defense Stakeholders throughout the organization. Candidate must exhibit initiative and be able to identify needed enhancements to current process flows and help to implement change.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
– Assist Compliance Executive/Compliance Manager with FARB program development and enhancement.
– Participate in FARB risk assessment activities including UDAAP Product risk assessment and entity-wide Fair Lending assessments.
– For assigned regulations, serve as the corporate subject matter expert across all lines of business.
– Develop relationships of trust and confidence with the lines of business.
– Provide oversight and monitoring of line of business processes and controls.
– Proactively identify process improvements or control gaps and facilitate necessary associated changes.
– Keep abreast of new laws and regulations (including applicable state law), and be responsible for Regulatory Legislative Review and Reporting;
– Organize and assist team with Risk Assessment efforts and reporting of results to applicable committee groups;
– Be responsible for coordinating and managing with lines of business information requests to support internal audit and regulatory exam reviews. Also, assist in the evaluation of audit and examination findings, implementation of corrective action and needed responses;
– Attend various Compliance and line of business meetings; participate in LOB committees as appropriate;
– Oversee Regulatory Intelligence Item tasks such as gap analyses to successful completion within the Fair & Responsible Banking team;
– Assist with other asks as required to ensure team objectives are achieved, even where outside usual area of responsibility.
– Effectively collaborate with applicable stakeholders to identify suitable internal controls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations; identify gaps in internal control effectiveness;
– Timely escalate issues and exceptions to management in accordance with procedures and/or based on sound judgment;
– Escalates promptly to appropriate compliance risk team member, senior management (LOB and/or Compliance Risk) any material breaches of applicable laws, rules, policies, tolerances, appetite, standards, tolerances, SLAs, etc.
– Follow through with LOB management and/or appropriate compliance risk personnel to ensure appropriate corrective action is taken to sufficiently address findings/issues to prevent ongoing systemic issues;
– Assist with corporate policy and training development.
– Educate and provide consultative advice on assigned regulations.
– Provide independent review and challenge on various line of business activities.
– Participate in or lead various projects related to mitigating risk to Key.
– Bachelor’s Degree required; Juris Doctorate preferred.
– 7-10 years of experience as a financial services compliance professional, bank regulator or other comparable legal experience.
– Demonstrated knowledge of Fair and Responsible Banking, Fair Lending, UDAAP, and other areas of compliance as required.
– Experience as an Attorney practicing in research and publication of Code of Federal Regulations.
– Possess CRCM or willing to obtain the certification within a timeframe as directed by department management.
– Ability to read and understand state laws that apply to Fair Lending, UDAAP, origination process and other areas related to Fair and Responsible Banking compliance.
– Strong relationship management and leadership skills.
– Candidate must possess the wherewithal and flexibility to undertake new functions/tasks as the Compliance Risk and line of business evolves and grows.
– Proven ability to work in a team environment.
– Sound decision-making skills; able to make decisions independently and quickly.
– Solid written and oral communication skills.
– Sound understanding of compliance risks.
– Strong research skills coupled with strong problem solving/analytical skills.
– Strong attention to detail. FLSA STATUS:
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Qq Kbe Xqq