Ultimate Staffing is in search of an Administrative Assistant to support a premier client in the Financial Services industry. The ideal candidate will be well versed in calendar management and travel arrangements and posess strong skills in Microsoft Excel.
This is a 6 month contract role offering full time hours onsite at the clients location in New York, NY.
The level II Administrative Assistant works independently on standardized/recurring assignments and under the direct supervision of more senior associates on complex projects analyses and tasks.
The Assistant undertakes a range of administrative tasks that support senior managers and/or the department and also acts as first point of contact for internal and external queries.
* Provides administrative support.
* Manages calendars responds to and sends out meeting requests and ensures schedules are kept up-to-date and accurate. Resolves meeting conflicts and handles reschedules to accommodate more urgent time sensitive requests. Keeps managers informed of upcoming appointments and deadlines.
* Arranges meetings collates and distributes materials books meeting rooms visitor passes and equipment as required. Meets greets and escorts visitors meeting attendees and candidates. May distribute follow up materials.
* Produces general correspondence reports and presentations. May create documents transcribing from voicemail recordings or in-person meetings. Develops appropriate formats and checks for grammar punctuation and spelling.
* Organizes travel arrangements. Reserves transport and accommodations taking into consideration manager preferences cost and timing implications. Ensures that managers have necessary paperwork for travel tickets confirmation numbers visas itineraries.
* Completes business expense claims promptly and follows up on reimbursements if necessary.* Manages incoming mail and correspondence post email etc..
* Covers telephones and takes accurate written messages and notes. Provides back-up support for other administrative assistants.
* Creates and maintains lists files and databases to enhance efficiency and productivity.
* Organizes and maintains information that may be sensitive confidential or technical in nature.
* Audits records for discrepancies and reconciles issues as appropriate.
* Keeps abreast of internal administrative policies practices and guidelines e.g. conference call and WebEx best practices travel and expense guidelines Office Services processes etc..
* May order supplies and equipment and handle incoming invoices.
* May track gather maintain and compile market or internal information and generate reports.
* May conduct basic analysis and auditing.
* Acts as first point of contact for the team or department.
* Serves as first point of contact for inquiries. Assesses level of urgency determines business nature and identifies what inquiries need to be directed to particular team members.
* Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues for managers/others.* .* Demonstrates working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant software and applies it to work assignments especially Outlook Word Excel and PowerPoint.
Requires 3-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Microsoft Power Point