To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1795 Iowa 64
Anamosa, IA 52205
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Patient Access Associate - Part Time Evenings
UnityPoint Health • Anamosa, IA
Posted 14 days ago
The shift for this position would be Monday, Thursday and Friday from 3:00PM to 9:00PM.
Description of Position:
Provide a “snapshot” or the principal purpose or focus of the position, consisting of no more than three to five sentences. This summary should provide enough information to differentiate the major function and activities of the position from those of other positions.
This position is responsible for the routine business office functions. This position performs sound, accurate and timely bookkeeping procedures in relation to all aspects of the routine office duties. This position is also responsible for the collection and communication of all incoming and outgoing information to the pertinent customer.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
• Greet patients and visitors with quality customer service and professionalism, register and discharge all patients, this includes securing and verifying all information relative to patient, financial status, and/or insurance coverage as well as receiving and recording payment on accounts.
• Promptly and courteously answer incoming calls for single location, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary. Responsible for the smooth and accurate flow of all internal and external telephone communication, which could also include answering patient questions, and/or scheduling appointments.
• Responsible for collation and inputting of inpatient and outpatient charges, keeping daily outpatient statistical records, and for assisting in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
• Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
• Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
• Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
• Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
• Enthusiastically engage in our work.
• Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
• Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
• Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
• Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
• Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
• Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
• Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
• Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Graduate or GED
0-2 years experience in related field or area
Experience with Microsoft Excel
Prior experience multi-tasking
Prior experience with multi-line phone system.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
• Effective organization and time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Strong attention to detail
Use of general office equipment:
• Copy Machine
• Fax Machine
• Printers and Scanners
Information about Jones Regional Medical Center - Anamosa, IA
Jones Regional Medical Center has been named 5th fastest growing hospital in the US by Modern Healthcare
• All private rooms
• Three major trauma rooms with an additional four exam rooms
• State-of-the-art equipment and lighting
• Easy navigation for patients to be evaluated and treated in the ED
• Radiology/laboratory services located next to ED for easy testing access
• 5500+ volume Monthly
• 24/7 RT, Lab, ER and Radiology
• Daytime offerings - Therapy, Wound, Social Services, Counseling, Rehabilitation
• Great place to have a rural quality of life but have access to larger cities (30-minutes to Cedar Rapids and 45-minutes to Iowa City)
Choose Jones County
Jones County, located in the heart of Eastern Iowa along Highway 151, is central to major U.S. markets. Within five hours of Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Madison, and Omaha with easy access to the crossroads of America, Interstates 80 and 35.
Living in Jones County
• Easy highway access to major shopping/entertainment in Cedar Rapids
• Just 45 minutes from Iowa City
• Growing trail system for walking and biking
• Museums including the National Motorcycle Museum and the Anamosa State Penitentiary Museum
• State and local parks for camping and recreation
• Two new aqua parks
• Numerous golf courses
• Home of the Jones County Fair the 3rd largest county fair in the state of Iowa.