Job Title : Senior Cost AccountantDuration : 6 Months (possibility of extension)Location : Santa Monica, CA 90404 Description:Senior Cost Accounting Analyst
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Cost Accounting Sr. Analyst. He/she will have overall responsibility for developing and maintaining standard and actual costs, analyzing variances, performing routine and ad hoc reconciliations, and performing month-end and quarter-end close for cost accounting. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in ERP systems to support cost accounting, preferably Oracle EBS or SAP.
• Perform monthly close procedures, including the preparation of journal entries and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Identify reconciling issues and determine proper course of correction or develop new process to ensure accuracy of financial statements or strengthen controls.
• Analyzing, and collecting data to determine costs of commercial and clinical inventory such as raw materials, direct costs and overhead
• Experience with accounting and standard costs in a manufacturing environment is a must
• Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare reports comparing standard and actual costs
• Assist manufacturing with periodic physical inventory counts and monitor cycle counting and investigate variances and resolve issues Requirements:
• Strong Excel skills, especially advanced modeling and analytical techniques
• Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to streamline and automate complex processes
• Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• ERP Experience, preferably Oracle EBS or SAP
• Must have strong cost accounting background and a sound understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
• Experience working with manufacturing personnel on the development and analysis of standard costs
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Masters in Accounting, CPA and/or MBA a plus
• Minimum of 4 years of cost accounting experience
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)