You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Product and Project Consultant, Advisory Services - Remote (with 25% travel)
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Product and Project Consultant, Advisory Services is a consulting expert within Optum Advisory Services (OAS) – Payer Enterprise Delivery Services practice. OAS Payer Enterprise Delivery Services is a rapidly growing business that serves clients across the health care ecosystem. We provide on-demand access to consulting talent with unparalleled experience and combine it with premium customer care and flexible contracting, allowing clients to focus on their core capabilities and create an agile workforce that scales with the demands of their business.
Our consultants are engaged to support both internal teams within UnitedHealth Group and external commercial clients in one or more of the following areas:
- Project and Program Management
- Agile and IT based consultant roles
- Business Analysis
- Product Management
- Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Quality Assurance
- Data Analysis and Reporting
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to identify issues, establish objectives, develop recommendations, and implement solutions for our clients
- Provide work stream/project oversight, manage and track issue resolution, and make key decisions for the project with the project sponsor
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Drive outcomes without direct authority, engaging team members in a cross-functional environment
- Identify, build, and deploy Project Management Office principles and standards utilizing project management tools: Charter/Scope documents, Project Plan, IRAAD/Issue Log, Lessons Learned, Requirements Matrix, portfolio tracking, etc.
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop, communicate, and implement project risk and issue management plans and strategies
- Facilitate status updates and review of programs to client leadership and/or project sponsor
- Provide clear communications (oral and written) and share knowledge at all levels of the organization
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending, and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Provide coaching and mentoring of project team with the goal of developing talent within the organization
Limited travel may be required for this role (less than 25% on average over a year’s time but may involve Monday through Thursday travel for multiple concurrent weeks to satisfy specific client project requirements). Consultants who are not local to an Optum office facility work from a home office when not at the client site.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years additional equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in any of the following areas: Project/Program Management, Product Management, Process Improvement, or Business Analysis
- 2+ years of building/creating project deliverables with the ability to manage complex work-streams in a client facing role
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment
- 1+ year experience with CA Agile, Rally, JIRA, or similar application
- Ability to travel up to 25% OR Based in greater Minneapolis, MN OR ability to relocate at own expense to Minnesota
- Agile / Scrum certified
- Experience working in a professional consulting organization or working in a healthcare leadership role
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in digital health or consumer digital products or services
- Experience in a large matrixed environment
- Ability to work in a highly technical, fast-paced environment
- Solid interpersonal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2135383
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.