Requisition ID: 117119
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Project Civil Engineer Lead in our growing Design Engineering Services (DES) Group based in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, infrastructure facilities and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Woodcliff Lake, NJ office but also maybe project specific travel involved.
• Lead highway and site civil design tasks and teams, acting in responsible engineering in charge as needed
• Supervise, mentor and evaluate junior staff
• Oversee creation of surface models utilizing InRoads, Civil3D and/or other similar design software.
• Lead interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure that project elements are compatible
• Create preliminary design concepts and alternatives for highways and civil features to support cost estimating.
• Lead project technical meetings, provide coordination to resolve design issues
• Execute final design of project elements such as site design, drainage, earthwork, roadway design plans, wall plan and profile sheets
• Lead the Designers in the use of data driven design to make intelligent decisions on design solutions and process.
• Develop permit and third-party strategies for projects from the early stages of development through completion of approvals and agreements. This may include:
o Environmental permits
o Drainage permitting both permanent and temporary modifications
o General Municipality requirements
• 12+ years of civil engineering design experience
• Registered as a Professional Engineer
• Experience designing civil/highway infrastructure or similar projects
• Familiarity with design-build delivery is preferred
• Working knowledge of MicroStation or AutoCAD platforms
• Experience developing construction plans for transportation projects is preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Engineering Design Process