WBFF Fox45 News, in Baltimore, Maryland, has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative Digital Executive Producer to manage the station’s digital and social teams. In this role, you will drive strategy and execution to make FoxBaltimore.com the go-to source of news and information in the Baltimore market.
The ideal candidate will have big ideas on how to capitalize on material the Fox45 News team creates. The ideal candidate should demonstrate experience recruiting, hiring, training and managing digital teams, and you must be well-versed in the latest publishing technologies and able to easily manipulate digital or live material on all WBFF News platforms.
Manage digital producing staff effectively and professionally
- Create a strategy for daily coverage as well as long-term coverage goals
- Effectively use analytics to drive engagement on all digital platforms
- Develop strategies for delivering fresh content and updated web and social stories throughout the 24-7 news cycle
- Be available to lead coverage of major breaking news or severe weather regardless of schedule
- Work collaboratively with WBFF News managers, assignment editors, producers, talent and editors to maximize content and enhance user experience on all the station’s platforms
- Drive content creation on FoxBaltimore.com including story generation and video editing and publishing
- Organize and execute digital and social strategies with WBFF News talent
- Drive new content initiatives and, working with station news management, supervise overall content strategy
- Close partnership with other Executive Producers to create content and brand continuity among the on-air and online platforms
- Ensure accuracy of digital stories
- Be knowledgeable of current events locally, nationally and internationally
- Monitor competing websites
- Research, report and write original stories
- Provide coaching to on-air staff about best practices on digital platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Non-linear video editing is a plus
- Proven experience developing and growing audiences
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be self-motivating and able to work well with a diverse group of people
- Must be able to handle stress, including short deadlines
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- The ability to work flexible hours
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent in journalism or a related field is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 3+ years related experience
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.