You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced and well-qualified HVAC Design Engineer serving commercial, industrial, and municipal clients throughout Massachusetts. We are seeking an individual with experience in the design and estimation of HVAC design-build projects. In this role you will be an integral part of our design build team and you’ll work with our engineers, electricians and mechanical teams to ensure projects are designed, installed and commissioned successfully. You will be responsible for supporting the effective design of HVAC/ Energy Efficiency projects including development of cost estimates, drawings, specifications and other engineering related activities.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plan
Compensation: $75,000 - $115,000 / year
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5-10 years’ related experience on mechanical/plumbing projects including boiler replacements, Air Handling equipment, pumps, and other mechanical equipment
- Thorough understanding of basic HVAC/R controls and ability to read electrical schematics
- Ability to read, understand all contract documents related to design build projects.
- Successful candidate will possess strong analytical and conceptual skills related to mechanical projects
- Work closely with our mechanical installation manager to complete project take-offs necessary for material and equipment procurement. Possess excellent people and communication skills
- Attend project walkthroughs and determine key factors that will affect the cost estimate.
- Manage bid process from start through finish
- Ability to interact with project and scheduling personnel and vendors to understand and contribute to schedule preparation
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment that includes salespeople, engineers and project managers.
- Possess strong computer and mathematical skills and perform accurate analysis within deadlines
- Interested in learning new things, eager to face a challenge
- Ability to self-manage tasks, and be able to plan and prioritize to meet deadlines established by supervisors on multiple projects at once
- Experience with AutoCad
- BA/BS degree in mechanical systems related field or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineering license a plus
- Able to use conventional business tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
About Guardian Energy:
Located in Marlborough, MA, Guardian Energy Management Solutions is a leading energy services company (ESCO) that offers energy efficiency services, Electrical/HVAC/BAS project scoping, and turnkey project implementation services. We focus on design/build projects that help reduce energy usage (gas, oil, electric, etc.) in New England for non-residential building owners and operators.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Energy Efficiency
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g35kk0z
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.