This position is responsible for creating and executing a sales strategy for a market leading television station and suite of digital properties. The right individual for this position will be charged with helping our Sales team succeed by delivering customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms. The position reports to Director of Sales.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Accurately identify, monitor and forecast sales and marketing trends for key business segments in all things digital.
- Develop short-term, mid-term and long-term strategies using our integrated suite of products.
- Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts as required.
- Establish a clear vision for the department from revenue to behavior; set goals and standards, monitor performance and hold team members accountable
- Drive profitable growth through management of ad inventory across core site and audience extension networks
- Provide thorough and accurate forecasts
- Price and package new interactive products and report on their sales success or challenges
- Create and maintain smooth workflow processes between station departments to create effective integrated sales systems and guarantee operational efficiency
- Fully understand technologies that are foundational to the digital advertising enterprise
- Remain current on industry trends in the digital space; e.g., mobile, display, video, SEM, email marketing and social.
- Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification.
- Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications.
- Coach sales staff by participating in client meetings, building relationships with top clients and being active in the community.
- Responsible for setting the pace for local account executives and constantly providing feedback to better their performance.
- Must have proven track record in digital sales.
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years work experience in digital media including sales management experience.
- Experience selling SEM, SEO, Social and extended digital product lines.
- Proven track record of building, developing and training strong digital sales teams
- A track record of successfully generating revenue for company and advertisers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- College degree preferred.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.