REGIONAL CLASS A DRIVERS
PTI (Propane Transport International)
Are you looking for more home time?
Generous pay with Bonus Incentives?
Assigned Equipment with no slip-seating?
If so, PTI (Propane Transport International) is looking for you!
What PTI has to offer:
Stability: Affiliated with AmeriGas, the nation's largest propane distributor
Miles: Steady work year-round
Compensation: Competitive pay and a wide-range of benefits
Bonuses: We offer incentives for Safety and performance, among others
Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental. Uniforms, Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation and Holiday time - Just to name a few!
401K: Company Match up to 5%
Equipment: Late model tractors – No Slip-seating
Safety: AmeriGas is committed to Safety and provides PPE, training, 24-hour response and state of the art equipment
When you work for PTI, you are affiliated with AmeriGas Propane and you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Transport Driver operate a tractor with a tanker trailer (11,000 gallon capacity) to pick up products at the supply point (e.g. refinery, pipeline terminal, storage facility) and deliver it to area facilities.
PTI Drivers are Regional Drivers that may be out overnight 2-3 days per week depending on our customers’ needs.
Perform required daily vehicle inspections
Drive assigned Tractor/tanker trailer (No slip-seating) to pick up propane and deliver to area AmeriGas facilities
Safely and efficiently transfer product between transport and bulk storage
Maintain DOT compliance
Provide excellent customer service
Adhere to AmeriGas and PTI’s World Class Safety principles
Excellent/professional communication skills
- 3 Years verifiable Tractor and Trailer Experience with a minimum of 200,000 miles.
- Must hold a Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- No at Fault Accidents in the previous 3 years
- No More Than One Moving Violation in the previous 2 years
- Seasonal out of area work is required and could have a duration of 3-4 weeks hauling products other than propane.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Transport Driver drives a tanker truck (11,400 gallon capacity) to pick up propane at the supply point (e.g. refinery, pipeline terminal, storage facility) and deliver it to area AmeriGas facilities. The driver will make four to five pick-ups and deliveries per day, driving an average of 500 miles per day and working up to 14 hours per day. Approximately 80 percent of the driver’s time is spent driving or waiting in line at the supply point.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive the tanker truck to pick up propane at the refinery and deliver to area AmeriGas facilities; approximately 45 minutes is required to load or unload the truck.
• Attach terminal hoses to the truck connections to pump propane into the tanker.
• Use permanent hoses attached to the filling ports or the hoses stored in the truck to unload the tanker. The hoses stored on the truck come in two sizes: 20 feet long, three inches in diameter; and 19 feet long, 1½ inches in diameter.
• Perform twice daily truck inspections.
• May climb ladders at some AmeriGas facilities to check gauges at the top of the bulk tanks.
Education and Experience Required:
• 3 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience. 200,000 miles minimum
• 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred
• Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
• Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
• No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
• No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2 years
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.