Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Position is responsible for ensuring equipment integrity and
timely repair. Effectively support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program
with a focus on decreasing bakery downtime. Analyze problems and interpret
technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of
equipment issues). Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted.
Keep good records of all work assignments and communicate across all
groups/departments. Able to identify required parts, current inventories, and
to list parts required for reorder. Must abide by all company policies
including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Personal Safety Standards and
Food Safety Standards. Person will perform mechanical and electrical
maintenance and repairs on bakery production machinery. Duties will also
include maintenance of building and support equipment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Directs workers, or assists in diagnosing
malfunctions in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair
electrical systems up to 480v, 3 phase, read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Training and experience in use of PLC's, VFD's,
and HMIs/OITs is a plus.
- Directs and coordinates assembly, fabrication
and installation activities to ensure equipment and systems conform to
engineering design and internal specifications and standards.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair
activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions or to improve
safety, quality or equipment operating parameters.
- Researches and costs project proposals to
determine feasibility, payback and equipment design.
- Interprets company policies to workers and
enforces OSHA and company safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job
orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use
of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists
workers in solving work problems.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate
activities of individual departments.
- Conduct safety training and ensure compliance
with all company policies, plant rules and regulations.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any
necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from
- Responsible for following and enforcing
procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any
other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. with or without
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to read English and follow written procedures
- Ability to work off ground level with proper safety equipment
- Ability to work in a non-air conditioned environment
- Ability to learn new skills
- Must be Team Oriented Person.
Education and Work History:
- 3 years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry.
- HS Diploma/GED required; College Degree (or some college) preferred.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Occupational Safety And Health
Variable Frequency Drive