Job Posting Title:
Position Summary: Responsible for all employees, processes, equipment, safety, and housekeeping of the area as well as meeting production quality and quantity standards on the shift. Additional responsibilities include ensuring compliance with all sanitation, safety, and GMP standards. When absent, Manager Production will assume the necessary operational and administrative duties.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads team members to identify, manage, and execute the plants process improvement opportunities.
- Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals.
- Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues
- Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules.
- Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service.
- Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results.
- Assure that product quality meets or exceeds guidelines set by the FDA, and USDA.
- Achieve maximum production and the efficient utilization of raw product and plant equipment by coordinating activities and maintaining communications within the department and with all other departments.
- Assure compliance of food safety and sanitation standards.
- Assure that production priorities are being achieved by checking and complying with weekly production schedules as well as daily requirements.
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skill Requirements:
- 4-year degree in business, food science or related field.
- 1 years related experience
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Good hand/eye coordination, motor skills, 20/20 corrected vision and hearing within the normal range.
Environmental, Health and Safety Requirements:
- Must wear all required personal protection equipment associated with specific manufacturing work environment and job duties as stated in the Employee Handbook, posted policies, or as assigned by leadership personnel.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment and follow all safety policies and procedures, such as lock out/tag out, safe lifting techniques, and all others as instructed.
- Inform Management of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which become noncompliant with specified requirements.
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Production Supervisor. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Quality Management Systems
Product Quality Assurance