When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Are you looking for an exciting career with a nationally known company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an energetic and business oriented person to join us as a District General Manager II.
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
- Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
- 401(K) with company match
- Ability to manage your own schedule
- Generous bonus potential
- Generous paid time off (including holidays)
- Company vehicle
- Company laptop and cell phone
- Annual performance reviews and salary increases
- Propane discounts
- Career advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
The District Manager has the overall responsibility to manage one or more locations whose primary purpose is to deliver propane to residential and commercial customers. The district manager supervises multiple employees to make sure that business goals are met. A successful District Manager will ensure high levels of customer service, insist on world-class safety practices, manage distribution efficiency and be responsible for operational effectiveness, employee productivity, and profitability. You will be accountable for the district’s growth, EBIDTA, safety, Net Promoter Score (NPS) and employee development and satisfaction. This position reports to the Area Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve business goals
- Ability to create and successfully execute business plans
- Ability to write, read, analyze, and interpret general business, financial and technical information
- Demonstrate leadership, communication, coaching and development skills
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Five or more year’s management experience
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Sales experience preferred
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Employment is contingent upon the completion and our evaluation of a drug-screening test and a criminal background check in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.