To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Iowa City, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Warehouse Order Selector - Part Time
United Natural Foods, Inc. • Iowa City, IA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
United Natural Foods, Inc. is the leading independent national distributor of natural, organic, specialty foods and related products in the United States; we are currently seeking Part Time, 2nd Shift Warehouse Order Selectors to join our Iowa City team. Apply online at www.unfi.com/careers.
COMPENSATION: Earn a minimum hourly wage of $15.69 to start, $16.24 at 6 months, and $17.09 at 1 year anniversary. Additional earning potential through our incentive program!
SCHEDULE: Works Sunday, and 1-2 additional days during the week, flexible hours between 11:00am - 9:30pm.
Responsible for having a strong understanding of the equipment he/she uses, pick locations, pallet building, productivity measures and safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues
- Enters the proper information into the productivity measure
- Identifies the correct pick location and pick sequence in accordance to the order
- Picks the correct item and quantity, checking UPC’s or item descriptions
- Places pick labels on the side of the cases
- Correctly identifies Master Case locations
- Identifies and immediately reports miss-located products
- Shrink wraps and labels with correct truck, stop and other required information
- Stages pallets in appropriate bay
- Listens for first and last call and obtains all out of stocks in a timely manner
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area
- Immediately informs a foreman, supervisor or manager of any potential safety threats
- Obtains aisle-cleaning assignment
- Operates pallet jack/push cart in a safe and efficient manner
- Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy
- Builds a stable and well cubed pallet
- Parks and recharges pallet jack in its appropriate spot at the end of your shift
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Other duties as assigned
- Selector functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations
- Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided as needed
- Deadlines are met.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- Understanding of WMS preferred but not required
- Ability to select at established minimum rate for department
- Astute, close attention to detail
- Understand and properly follow all selecting procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, repack, cooler/freezer.
- Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes
Candidates must be 18 years of age, able to lift up to 50 pounds (30 pounds on a regular basis), and previous warehouse experience is preferred. A post offer background check, drug screen, physical and lift evaluation is required.