Built to Make You Better.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have here at MSC. If you are inspired to learn, expand your circle, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Requisition ID :11360
Employment Type :Full Time
Work Location :Cincinnati, OH
State or Province :Ohio (US-OH)
Potential Work Location :United States : Ohio : Cincinnati
TERRITORY: Cincinnati OH & Northern KY (Florence, Hebron)
As a Key Account Sales Consultant, you'll use your unique perspective to build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, and negotiate and close business deals. In this dynamic role you will collaborate with the team to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue in alignment with MSC's long-term strategic goals.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
Translate your keen insight of customer's needs and drivers into sales that advance their success as a business … and of MSC's success as an industry leader.
* Apply our unique insights to address customer's priorities and reframe how they view their business to foster conversation based on customer needs, not MSC capabilities.
* Use account planning tools, prescriptive analytics, and research from marketing to teach customers something new and compelling about their business that leads to MSC's differentiated solutions.
* Leverage Subject Matter Experts to assess and identify improvement opportunities as it pertains to procurement, inventory management and application of product in the indirect supply chain.
* Partner with Business Development team to assist in closing new business and effectively onboard customers.
* Collaborate with National Account Manager to achieve overall National Account strategy.
* Incorporate economic drivers with deep knowledge of customer's business, current macro/microeconomic and industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
* Conduct due diligence to understand customer value drivers and leverage these drivers to influence a wide range of customer stakeholders.
* Establish value with customer before discussing ROI/financial terms by qualifying and quantifying the impact of maintaining the status quo or pursuing competitors' solutions.
* Drive momentum and proactively advance the purchase decision by assessing customer's readiness to proceed at each stage of the buying process and setting clear next steps.
* Create constructive tension by leveraging facts from research, benchmark data, and best demonstrated practices to introduce new ideas that challenge the status quo and reveal to customer high costs they may have been incurring.
* Tailor presentations and commercial insight to customer's industry, company and contact and deliver relevant messages based on current industry trends that will impact their business.
* Must use our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool - Salesforce.com (SFDC) and adhere to prescribed actions under the MSC Sales Management Standards.
* Cross-sell and up-sell by thoroughly understanding customers' value propositions, key business objectives regarding growth and profitability, and the industries they serve.
* Identify and arm the mobilizer (influence and power beyond title) with toolkit to sell MSC's solutions throughout their organization.
* Research industry trends that impact customers and become recognized as a trusted advisor on the industries they serve.
WHAT IT TAKES
The intellectually agile and professionally driven sales professional we seek should have these skills and competencies
* Self-motivated to achieve specific sales and performance goals (2 years demonstrated track record of success in B2B sales preferred)
* Ability to create constructive tension and align stakeholders involved in the decision-making process to drive consensus to MSC solutions
* Solid history of decision making, taking accountability, demonstrated competitive spirit and ability to overcome obstacles to success
* Strong interpersonal skills along with attention to detail and follow through
* Drives results
* Customer focus
* Teaching for differentiation
* Tailoring for resonance
* Taking control
* Instills trust
* Decision quality
* Develops talent
* Communicates effectively
* Action oriented
* Manages conflict
* Situational adaptability
* Bachelor's degree in business, industrial distribution, manufacturing or equivalent experience
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with Salesforce.com experience
* Valid driver's license capable of driving up to several hours each day and ability to travel
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and perform physical activity such as pushing, pulling, bending, and climbing
Compensation starting at $41993 - $59990 / year PLUS COMMISSION and up dependent on candidate location and experience.
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Business Planning
- Business To Business