Medical Director, East Region – Clifton, NJ
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Reporting to the Vice President and General Manager, the Medical Director is integral to Quest Diagnostics’ vision of empowering better health with diagnostic insights. This is a senior leadership position in a one of Quest Diagnostics’ six regions. The position is the chief medical officer for the Clifton flagship laboratory and all surrounding laboratories in the region, while owning the CLIA license for the Clifton laboratory. As the chief medical officer, this role is responsible for upholding high quality of laboratory testing and represents the company’s laboratories and diagnostics insights services with its customers and the medical community. The Medical Director provides consultations about medical significance, interpretation and correlation of data to contribute toward patient care (diagnosis and patient management). The Medical Director is responsible for providing medical direction, consultation and guidance to all levels of the medical and laboratory staff and interacts effectively with accrediting/regulatory agencies, administrative officials, the medical industry, customers and patients. The Medical Director regularly interfaces with executive level physicians and administrators in hospitals and health systems. This position is a member of the senior leadership team of the region, and as such, is an active participant in setting strategy around business growth, medical quality and evolving customer needs toward improved healthcare.
Reporting into this role are a Medical Director for Baltimore and Philadelphia laboratories, an Associate Medical Director and team of medical quality professionals.
The Medical Director coordinates all medically related activities within the region and actively participates in the Quest Diagnostics Medical Community at an enterprise level. The Medical Director is the chief medical quality officer and leads through influence across Operations leadership to ensure the highest of quality standards are met. The Medical Director leverages local and community involvement as a source of competitive advantage by proactively engaging with clients and partnering with Sales and Operations to market and advocate for Quest Diagnostics, our services and our role in patient care. The Regional Medical Director ensures that other Medical Directors and Associate Medical Directors do the same.
• The successful candidate must be a M.D. or D.O. Board Certified Pathologist with certifications in both Clinical Pathology and Anatomic Pathology.
• A minimum of 10 years Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Management is required.
• Must have or be able to obtain an active, unrestricted medical licensure minimally for the states covered by the Region.
• Proven industry executive with a minimum of 10 years post fellowship experience as a Clinical Pathologist with progressive leadership including 3-5 years minimum experience at an Associate Professor/Director level or above, managing other pathologists. Must have experience and superior knowledge in both Clinical Pathology and Anatomical Pathology disciplines, and have the ability to interact with outside physicians in both arenas. Experience in an independent clinical laboratory is ideal.
• Exceptional leadership skills, interpersonal skills, oral and written communications skills and the ability to be influential both internally and externally are required, as is the ability to develop relationships and influence key stakeholders who impact the business.
• Passion for our business and clients. Strength in responding to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
• Must have experience in managing a budget.
• Capability to provide leadership and direction in a fast-paced, high volume and complex operating environment.
• Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple interactive factors.
• Personal adaptability and ability to lead change.
• Ability to work well in a matrix organization.
• In this position, the successful candidate works effectively in a team environment, and can interact seamlessly and productively with colleagues while providing clinical leadership, and medical expertise. Commitment to quality patient care through laboratory excellence in keeping with the corporate philosophy of empowering better health with diagnostic insights is essential. Commitment to quality patient care through laboratory excellence in keeping with the corporate philosophy is essential.
• [All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Director - East Region, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Physician and Executive
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Director - East Region
- Interpersonal Skills
- Doctor Of Medicine (Md)