SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
We are looking for a Hedge Fund Accountant in the Boston, NYC, Los Angeles, FL area. Open to other areas in accordance with our SS&C Nexus.
- Provide coaching, training, and leadership as necessary to the fund accounting team
- Act as a subject matter expert for any escalated P&L and NAV issues
- Act as escalation point and problem solver for the team, ensuring action plans are implemented in case of any service issues
- Contributing to internal project initiatives regarding new product development, testing, and implementation
- Established and drive strong relationships with clients and maintain regular client contact to ensure that satisfaction levels are high
- Develop culture of continuous efficiency improvements resulting in increased capacity
- Day-to-day interaction with other departments and counterparts to prevent/ resolve issues
- Overview of MIS to monitor breaks and perform root cause analysis
- Drive enhancement projects for technology and operational processes
- Partner with the sales team to market the firms fund accounting capabilities to prospective clients as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Master’s degree in related area a strong plus
- CPA a strong plus
- 8+ years experience in Accounting or Back Office Operations working for a Prime Broker, Administrator, Hedge Fund, Investment Advisor or Audit firm.
- Knowledge of partnership accounting, private equity experience a strong plus
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP
- Solid prior experience with various products including equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements, futures, FX, Mortgages and options
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Solid knowledge of corporate actions
- Solid hands on supervisory experience and the proven ability to manage a cross- location team
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Solid project management skills
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and a casual work environment.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.