Cape Fox Shared Services and Eagle Health are currently seeking a Material Handler/Admin Clerk to be on call to work only as needed to support the Department of Labor in Lakewood, CO.
The contractor shall provide all personnel, equipment, supplies, facilities, tools, materials, supervision and other items to perform general shipping and receiving as well as supply clerk services as defined herein, except for those items specified as government furnished property and services.
The contractor will perform supply, shipping and receiving duties, as well as provide administrative clerical and labor support for the Facilities and Property Management Branch.
The contractor employee must be able to work independently and as part of a team as needed, demonstrate a basic understanding of asset management as it relates to MSHA requirements and operating/managing office equipment supplies, mail handling, and supply management.
The contractor must be able to effectively forge effective working relationships and interact with interagency and intra-agency personnel at all levels to include personnel with disabilities.
On a daily basis, the contractor will work closely with and receive project guidance from the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and the Facilities and Property Management (FPM) branch chief. The contractor will also work closely and coordinate tasking with others with the facilities branch.
Inspects, accepts or rejects incoming deliveries, inventory all incoming deliveries for MSHA and the Solicitor’s Office in accordance with the agency procedures and policies. Promptly reports all delivery discrepancies to the COR or the FPM branch chief or to the proper ordering official.
- Each work day, pick up mail from the local post office or building mailroom, sort and deliver mail throughout MSHA program areas as well as to the post office.
- Responsible for custody and care of all items stored in shipping and receiving warehouse.
- Work with Property Manager by using established guidelines and accountability procedures to document and reconcile discrepancies with assets.
- Assist with office moves; work with MSHA receptionist on conference room set ups which includes set up of plasma screen TV, poly-com telephones, and table configurations.
- Responsible for the removal of surplus assets from MSHA program areas, stocking pantries with paper towels and other accessories. Stock copier rooms with necessary copier paper.
- Work with Property Officer and staff in preparing excessed assets for transport to CASU, GSA Property Disposal Utilization or DOL.
- Perform general small maintenance requests such as hanging pictures, posters, whiteboards, and plaques, mending small holes in wall from previous hangings, installation and removal of keyboard trays.
- Able to maintain furniture and make simple furniture repairs and upkeep such as reattaching casters on chairs, repairing misaligned drawers, cabinet repair, repair furniture, and any other general repairs and assembly requested.
- If applicable, operates and maintains MSHA key making machine.
- Perform general office machine equipment maintenance such as replacing toner cartridges, paper jams in copiers and printers, relocating office equipment during office moves.
- Maintain delivery documentation for shipping and receiving for Fed Ex, UPS and USPS to program areas.
- Receives broad-based work assignments from the COR, MSD branch chief.
- Maintains secure custody of received property and assists property staff with delivering all property to the appropriate program office.
- Assists the Property Officer with preparing the accountable assets for input into the agency’s property inventory system to include bar coding of deliveries and identifying existing assets that are not already in the system.
- Assist in conducting annual physical inventories with MSHA Property Officer.
- Assist in the disposal and excessing of surplus/damaged assets.
3 years of inventory/warehouse/material handling and administrative office experience.
High School diploma required.