Want to wake up each day knowing that you are a part of something special? Something real? Something bold?
Are you Tribal, True and Tenacious?
Then it's time for you to join the pack!
We Move the World Forward
Coyote was created in 2006 with one goal in mind: To create a better service experience in the transportation industry. Today we are a leading third-party logistics provider that matches more than 10,000 shipments every day. We play a crucial role in the global supply chain and delivery of goods across many sectors around the world, making us an essential business. As a UPS subsidiary, our seamless technology driven solutions drive the industry forward and empower customers to make smarter supply chain decisions. Every time. Everywhere.
Make Your Work Matter
At Coyote, our employees are empowered to guide their own growth. We prime them for limitless career potential through training programs, accessible leadership, talent development, and unique workplace perks and benefits. We offer opportunities to thrive by learning the ins and outs of our business, our proprietary technology, and the industry. We provide a culture that supports diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEI&B), and we are deliberate about supporting our local communities -- from donating our logistics services to help those in need, to supporting our employees in their missions to make an impact in the world.
A Business Development Representative is responsible for selling and operating Coyote's services to small and medium-sized customers. They are to focus on selling Coyote's services over the phone and through other forms of communication such as email. Business Development Representatives are responsible for prospecting, communication, quoting, developing, operating, and maintaining their customer accounts.
Daily Tasks & Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
* Build, maintain, and grow customer relationships through cold calls and consistent communication
* Research leads, uncover needs, and persuade decision makers to let Coyote service their freight
* Use creative and persistent methods to prospect and generate new business opportunities
* Serve as a consultative resource to customers regarding service offerings, market trends, industry standards and effectively provide quotes considering all variable factors
* Maintaining operational efficiencies for book of business through functions that include, but are not limited to, load building, scheduling, issue escalation, and capacity securement. Work with Carrier Managers to secure best viable options; calling carriers to get additional options and track when necessary
* Understand digital platform services & modal diversity service offerings and effectively persuade customers to use
* Effectively support teammates' customers when they are out of office
* Meet or exceed expected KPIs
Essential Skills, Characteristics, & Experience:
* Prior sales, operations or customer service experience preferred
* Strong negotiation skills - persuasiveness, aggressiveness, confidence
* Efficient time management skills with the ability to recognize and prioritize profitable opportunities
* Strong relationship building skills and the ability to be a team player while working independently
* Effective and professional communication skills and strong customer service skills
* Confident decision-making skills, problem solving ability, issue resolution skills
* Entrepreneurial and competitive spirit, passion, self-motivation
* Organization and attention to detail
* Adaptability, multi-tasking ability, sense of urgency
* Persistence and resilience
* Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
Benefits & Perks
We offer unique benefits that make careers at Coyote stand out. From benefits you'd expect like individual and family health insurance, and competitive paid time off to perks that you may not expect like volunteerism and paid community service days, we aim to offer our people more.
* Employer-paid premiums (based on plan selection)
* Medical Insurance
* Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* 401(k) with Employer Match
* HSAs & FSAs
* New Parents & Fertility Program
* Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
* Gym & Wellness Discounts
* Virtual Counseling through First Stop Health
* Training and Development Programs
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Onsite monthly lunches, happy hours, and fun events!
Culture & DEI&B
* Employee Resource Groups
* Monthly company events
* Professional development opportunities
* Ask Leadership/Highway to Excellence series
Important Notice to US Applicants:
Coyote is an at-will employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP.
- Attention To Detail
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Decision Making