Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
The Accounts Payable Lead is responsible for supporting the global Invoice-to-Pay strategy and process through information collection and management, analysis, problem-solving, communication, and adherence to company policies. Location is flexible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all Accounts Payable related telephony inquiries both internally and externally
- Manage all “Tier 2” problem resolution, which includes escalation of exceptions and inquiries that cannot be addressed in email
- Ensure global compliance by adhering to all Accounts Payable Policies and Procedures
- Maintain relationships between the Shared Service Center, internal Sourcing/Procurement, and external suppliers
- Support and manage all paper correspondence including invoices with scanning resources/technology
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- SAP Knowledge required
- Strong Proficiency in MS Office Applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Proactive problem solving (root cause analysis)
- Analytical skills
- Action orientation
- Highly organized with an ability to work well under tight time constraints (Results Driven)
- Detail oriented with understanding of end-to-end processes
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to work across all organizational levels, departments and groups
- Teamwork skills - demonstrated support of peers and collaboration
- Minimum of three to five years in a multi company environment
- Experience in Accounts Payable
- Manufacturing experience preferred
High School diploma required, Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
High School Diploma
Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Complex Problem Solving