To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
101 Winterberry Street
Hazard, KY 41701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Windstream • Hazard, KY
Posted 1 month ago
Manage the day to day operations and maintenance of geographic location assigned. Lead and direct a team of Service Technicians. This position includes overseeing of installation and maintenance of all Optical/Transport equipment, Voice switches and Core Data devices in the Windstream network. This may include equipment such as Juniper MX series routers, Cisco routers, Cisco, Cyan, Fujitsu, Nortel and Lucent Transport equipment. This position will also manage customer premise Transport and data equipment and oversee the operation and maintenance of the various DAC’s.
- Manage installations, support, and repair of Windstream networks as well as customer facilities in a timely manner
- Provide employee performance management: coaching, development, and training
- Monitor and control expenses within a defined budget
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of over 55,000 circuits within the Windstream network
- Ensure Windstream’s power infrastructure is installed and maintained properly. This includes but is not limited to battery, generator, UPS and rectifier maintenance.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Windstream’s buildings, vehicles, elevators, fire suppression systems and property maintenance
- Oversee and schedule technicians for all MOP (Method of Procedure) activity for these different work groups with the various Network Operations Centers and Engineering teams to ensure they are completed as scheduled
- Oversee CO-LO and DATA Center sites located in Flatwood. Responsible for all Central Office security applications and systems
- Monitor adherence of safety practices: Provide and record safety training and ensure everyone follows safety rules and procedures. Ensure all safety related data is stored properly and accurately such as OSHA and accident reports
- Responsible for adhering to budgets
- Promote positive company image to the public: Work with city, county, state and federal officials as well as local customers to maintain a positive image of Windstream
- 3-5 years of telecommunications experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- 2-3 years of leadership experience
Job Category: Field Operations
Locations: 101 Winterberry Dr |US|Kentucky|Hazard\
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.