A large Food and Beverage company is currently looking for a Construction Coordinator to join their team located in Portland, Oregon. This will be a 12 month contract position with a strong possibility of extension or becoming full time. This will be a great opportunity working on a big facility with multiple processing lines and the opportunity to work on many fast paced upgrade, repair projects!
Core Responsibilities include:
- Construction to start only after union has signed release form.
- Assist project manager in gathering documentation to present to the union.
- Point of contact for contractors, issuing hot work permits, performing work permit, ensuring that affected supervisor are informed of work to be performed in their department.
- All contractor personnel are to follow GMPs and Safety procedures. Provide feedback if contractors are not following established practices.
- Ensure work is performed per the company and applicable federal, state and local code
- Understand the project scope, ensure contractors are delivering project per project scope
- Work with project manager to eliminate blockers
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Save drawings and other vital project work data repository, including as build.
- Expected to challenge contractors on time and material hours, material cost. Also, challenge fixed cost Field Orders.
- Assign field order to document all out of scope work that is assigned to contractors.
- Help project manager with project schedules and cost estimations.
- Assist project manager with asset identification and tagging.
- A minimum of +2 years of experience in the construction industry
- Experience with Construction project management and installation of industrial engineering equipment in a CPG setting
- Supervising contractors and being safety focused
- Food Manufacturing experience is ideal but not essential
- Ability to effectively communicate with contractors and Project Managers
Schedule: Monday - Friday - 40 hours per week
Contract Duration: 12 month contract - *highly likely to extend or become full time*
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Location: Portland, OR
If you have the relevant experience for the position apply with your most recent resume and I will contact you by phone.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Consumer Packaged Goods