To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dearborn, MI 48120
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Process Engineer Intern
AK Steel • Dearborn, MI
Posted 20 days ago
AK Steel Dearborn Works is currently seeking Chemical Engineering students to participate in our 2019 Summer Internship Program as Process Engineers. Process Engineers are vital members of our departments throughout the mill and interns will gain experience with a wide variety of equipment and processes during their service.
- Provide engineering know-how in solving technical problems
- Research alternative solutions as they relate to cost, quality, and production requirements and consults with colleagues, staff or operating personnel to assure proper documentation pertinent to proposed solutions
- Analyze component parts and investigate field application of parts to determine cost effectiveness
- Develop, analyze, prepare and execute technical projects. Compile data relating to project assignments and present summary conclusions to supervision
- Develop effective working relationships with Engineering, Operating, Maintenance, Quality, Research and Technical Service to communicate the processing applications as they relate to cost, quality, production and safety standards
The ideal candidate will have:
- Junior status or higher within a Chemical Engineering program
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- A desire to learn operations and processes within the steel industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - especially Excel
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
Summer internships run May through August and are 40+ hour/week paid positions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.