To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Culpeper, VA 22701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Technician 3
Aerojet Rocketdyne • Culpeper, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. Additional information about Aerojet Rocketdyne can be obtained by visiting our websites at www.Rocket.com and www.AerojetRocketdyne.com.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a Manufacturing Technician to join our growing team in Culpeper/Orange, Virginia.
The Manufacturing Technician will join an exceptional cross-functional team of engineers and technicians to fabricate components and assemble them into the most advanced solid rocket systems in the world. Aerojet-Rocketdyne is an industry leading supplier of missile components to the government for use in national defense.
The successful individual will perform functions such as fabrication of components, clean and assemble equipment, cleans tools, parts, and work area, operate machinery. Pressure tests, bonds, assembles, paints, precision part clean, mix adhesives, torques fasteners, and all other duties and tasks required to assemble and prepare for shipment of products. Maintains records for manufactured products. Works safely while producing a high quality product and maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
Under limited supervision, the Manufacturing Technician 3 performs a wide range of duties within the manufacturing operations area. Applies specialized manufacturing knowledge to basic problems to come up with logical answers.
Precision Assembly of complex aerospace components.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or lead. May mentor less senior personnel.
High school diploma or equvalent preferred and 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
FAA Airframe and Power Plant license a plus.
Employees may need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship Required. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to follow safety practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with the work team and those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations accurately and quickly.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand work instructions, drawings, etc.
- Ability to work with management, supervisor or lead personnel to prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- With the guidance from supervisor/lead personnel, ability to make precise adjustments in moving the controls of the machine/equipment to exact position such as offsets and axis movement.
- Preferred Precision Assembly Knowledge/Skill: Use of torque tooling, lock or safety wire installation, mix and apply adhesives, leak check testing, pressurized systems, electrical grounding and bonding checks, electrical connectors and electromechanical component assembly and test, general computer (windows), Standard Measurement Instruments (SMI), precision component cleaning, FARO arm operation.
- Knowledge/Skills: Use of precision scales, operation of industrial processing equipment, PLC experience, cleaning solvents, mixing operations, inventory control, record keeping, respirator use, and assembly of process tooling.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Work may require the ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift, crane, hoist, man lift, etc.) in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection. Some positions may require Respirator clearance up to and including the Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Level A clearance. Work requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or other areas. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations. Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and/or the ability to travel by air or auto. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Driver's License Requirement:
Must possess a valid driver's license for the class of vehicle driven and meet automobile insurability requirements of the Company. Eligibility for employment for those who do not meet this requirement due to disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.