To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Software Services Manager I
Windstream • US-Nationwide
Posted 27 days ago
This is a key leadership position in the IT organization responsible for meeting customer needs through application development, deployment and life-cycle management.
This position will lead an application development team, geared towards building, configuring, implementing and maintaining the Sigma and WinOM product catalogs. This will be accomplished through a combination of (a) building custom applications, (b) configuring, implementing and integrating third party COTS applications, (c) managing outsourced service providers who provide application development and support services.
This position will interact with other organizations in the IT group organization (e.g., IT Operations, Database Administration, IT Network Services, Technical Services, IT Security, etc.) and other IT Applications teams, in order to provide proactive solutions to the business and drive business value.
This position will have vendor interaction responsibilities from proposal evaluation to performance management. This position will be responsible for building a strong, customer focused, responsive and results oriented IT Applications team.
This position calls for excellent competencies in a variety of areas, including:
- Leadership and communication skills to build and strengthen relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual, bringing a strong sense of focus and energy to work.
- Strong business domain expertise in the area of telecom, with a proven track record of providing systems / software solutions in the areas of telecom operations supporting Sales and Service Delivery support systems.
- Strong project leadership skills and execution focus to drive results through performance both at the individual level and at the group level.
- Strong technology skills and good understanding of how various technologies can be used to deliver business solutions. Should have hands on skills in the development side, with experience either in complex application configuration or enterprise application development. Good technical knowledge of any one or more of the following domains required database modeling / design (Oracle or SQL Server), development frameworks and methodologies (.NET, Java, Object Oriented Design, etc.), transaction and messaging systems, Process modeling frameworks.
- An excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle and change control practices needed in a carrier class IT production environment.
- An excellent understanding of SCRUM experience and leading Agile scrum teams.
- Management, development, and implementation of solutions supporting Windstream sales quoting processes
- Staff management and development, including interviewing, mentoring and staff development, goal setting, and performance evaluation.
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues that may arise with projects or applications
- Ability to deliver high levels of agreed upon service to end users
- Ability to manage contact resources and outsourced relationships so as to ensure project (and Windstream) success
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of databases and associated development
- Manage a team of development staff and application technical experts who build and implement technical solutions that will be delivered on time, within budget and meet or exceed customer expectations
- Managing multiple, large, cross functional teams and/or projects
- Advanced technical and business knowledge in software development life cycle, quality assurance, project management and other related disciplines/processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate application development teams and to learn and apply new skills/techniques to respond to the firm's needs. Good judgement in identifying issues and recommending solutions to others
- Development and production support of applications for business running on integrated mainframe, server and browser-based systems
- Leadership skills that can energize multi-disciplined work teams to aggressively respond to and deliver on business needs
- Proven experience in balancing time, cost, and scope on successful application project implementations
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and persuade at executive and manager levels and thrive in a cross-functional, matrixed environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Ability to implement and lead code-review process and coding standards
- Anticipate, determine and identify impact throughout the organization of changes to systems and provide alternatives
- Ability to think out of the box to solve complex business issues using technology creatively
- Commitment to an open, high integrity, hard working culture with a real sense of urgency
- Extreme sense of urgency and high work ethic to get the job done regardless of the complexity or obstacles encountered
- Proven ability to 'flex' processes when needed to ensure delivery
- Customer focus and sense of advocacy
College degree in a Technical or related field and 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 9+ years professional level related Technical experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.