The Aquatics Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient management of aquatic operations and programs, maintenance and upkeep of the swimming pool facility, and supervision of aquatics staff. Guests can feel safe and enjoy a worry free adventure at our waterparks under the leadership of the Aquatics Manager and their team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible leadership of staff members, including; recruiting, hiring, training, and maintaining appropriate staffing levels for the department.
- Conduct classes, training and in service training for Aquatics staff.
- Develop, implement, and monitor programming and schedules for waterpark operation.
- Clearly describe and assign responsibility and authority for the operation of the department.
- Ensure all lifeguard certifications are current and all lifeguards.
- Direct the implementation of department policies and procedures.
- Conduct in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of utilization data and other inputs.
- Participates in the Manager-On-Duty (MOD) program and executes duties
- Develop detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, using tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflict.
- Perform supervisory tasks of a team, including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- E&A International Lifeguard Training Program® certification
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- College degree
- ILTP® Instructor (must be obtained if hired)
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or equivalent (must be obtained if hired)
- Projects a positive public relations image to staff and guest
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members to work together and exceed expectations
- Capable of working unusual hours, including late nights, weekends and all holidays in a fast paced atmosphere
- Swim 50 yards in 4 ft. of water and retrieve a 10 lb brick at bottom of water
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a humid, warm environment and be immersed in water for extended periods of time
- Position sometimes requires the ability to lift, push, and pull at least 50 lbs and up to 100 lbs
- Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs
Licenses & Certifications
- 2 year(s): Supervisory experience
- CPR/1st Aid
- Ellis Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Coaching And Mentoring