To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3026 West 25th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11224
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Heavy Truck Technician - NY Parks Coney Island
First Vehicle Services • Brooklyn, NY
Posted 9 hours ago
First Vehicle Services is now hiring Heavy Equipment & Truck Technicians!
Servicing NY Parks & Recreation
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- $20-$35/hour based on experience & qualifications
- ASE certification training & bonus money!
- Career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plans.
- A great work environment!
Heavy Truck Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Heavy Truck Mechanic requirements:
- Technical training helpful
- Valid driver's license; Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL B within 60 days
- 5+ years of heavy duty diesel maintenance & repair experience required
- Strong diagnostic skills required
- Must be strong with electrical systems and troubleshooting
- Must possess a full mechanic's tool set
- Willing to obtain ASE certifications while employed (company bonuses & training provided!)
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.