Job ID: 153926
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Why drive for Oldcastle?
- Home nightly
- No weekends
- Competitive pay and great benefits
- Newer equipment
- A glass/glazing industry leader with high standards and culture of safety
- A culture that promotes from within
What will I be doing?
You will be delivering architectural glass/metal to customer shops. We are looking for experienced, safety-conscious, customer-focused CDL A or B drivers. We assist the customer with unloading and looking for someone with great customer service skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle and load/unload glass and/or metal products, secure the load, make multiple deliveries, and provide excellent customer service
- Promote safety by inspecting delivery sites to ensure there is a safe environment to unload by following best practices for safety
- Loading and unloading boxed glass by hand, with cranes, booms, forklifts, or hoists
- Verify product quantities before and during delivery
- Ensure trucks are operating efficiently by performing thorough daily pre and post trip inspections
- Maintain truck and driving records by reporting information, completing driver logs and truck performance forms
- Electronically log hours of service and all other assigned necessary paperwork
- Comply with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations
- Occasionally help the shipping department load trucks
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- At least 21 years old
- Possess a valid CDL A or B driver’s license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification
- At least two (2) years of verifiable, incident free CDL A or B truck driving experience
- Familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public as well as law enforcement, to understand traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records
- By reason of experience, training, or both, safely operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to handle varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements
- Good customer relations skills
- Ability to operate handheld scanners and electronic logging devices
- Acceptable motor vehicle record as dictated by the company standards document
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Customer Relationship Management