To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Owens & Minor, Inc. • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Services patient needs by verifying insurance coverage. Performs administrative activities associated with maintenance of medical documentation and medical records.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Answers questions from customers, clerical staff, insurance companies, and physician offices.
2. Makes outbound calls to obtain appropriate documentation for reimbursement of orders shipped.
3. Identifies and resolves patient complaints.
4. Verifies customer benefits via phone, fax, and web portal.
5. Reviews and approves documentation received by third parties, for submission to payor's.
6. Documents activities in ERP system in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Provides feedback to Group Team Lead regarding issues with accounts.
8. Conducts routine tasks as directed, under clearly defined guidelines.
9. Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed.
10. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate's Degree
- One or more years of customer service experience
- Or any combination of education and experience to meet the above requirements
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with medical terminology and insurances HCPC/ICD-9 codes
- Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Proper phone and email etiquette
- Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Outlook
- Ability to travel up 10%
- May work extended hours on occasion