Kforce has a client that is looking for a Data Engineer to join their data science team in Pleasanton, CA.
As a member of this team, you will be delivering value to our members, employees and the organization by using data to improve quality, experience and affordability of health care and health insurance. You will accomplish this primarily by building, aggregating, and manipulating rich datasets that will support the analysis, models, and data visualizations developed by the rest of the team. You will work primarily with software developers, database architects, data analysts, data scientists and other data engineers.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build robust data pipelines: develop jobs to process, validate, transport, collate, aggregate, and distribute data
- Build workflows that empower analysts to efficiently use data
- Develop data virtualizations and actual data movement and transformation processes, using the appropriate technologies, tools and techniques to balance performance and cost objectives
- Deploy machine learning models as batch and API
Operations, Monitoring and Quality control:
- Define and establish processes to maintain the integrity of data within our data pipeline and warehouse
- Develop tests to validate, and monitor data transfer integrity and efficiency
- Work collaboratively across the organization to address and predict data performance issues
- Develop documentation for the tools and data products deployed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related fields is preferred
- Strong SQL writing skills required
- Sound understanding of areas of computer science such as algorithms, data structures and databases required
- Experience with relational databases required
- Software engineering experience with expertise in at least one high-level programming language (preferably Python) required
- Experience with Linux command line and bash scripting required
- Knowledge of distributed computing frameworks e.g. MapReduce, HDFS, etc.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure cloud services preferred
- Experience with Docker containers preferred
- Experience with DevOps tools and processes preferred
- Experience with orchestration tools preferred
- Experience with Apache Spark preferred
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.