Local Unit & Position Description
DNV Digital Solutions is looking for a full stack software developer to join our team to help build our next-generation portfolio of desktop, web, and cloud-based engineering products for the Pipeline industry. The ideal candidate will apply their passion, experience, dedication, and willingness to learn to the role.
Successful candidates will be joining a thriving company with a team-oriented culture. Career development opportunities, mentorship and training are all provided, in addition to a competitive salary and great benefits package.
This position can be based in our Houston, TX or Mechanicsburg, PA office, where most employees work a hybrid schedule that balances the needs of the team and their own preferences.
What You'll Do
- Develop, maintain, test, and secure our existing and next-generation applications.
- Use tools such as Visual Studio, Git, and Azure DevOps to support a DevSecOps methodology.
- Participate in Agile processes, including daily scrum, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Work with domain experts to understand functional and non-functional requirements.
- Write and maintain unit, integration, and other automated tests.
- Identify, debug and resolve bugs.
- Adhere to software development processes and standards for development, testing, documentation, support, and deployment.
- Perform a variety of tasks in support of a professional software development organization.
- Learn the domain in which our customers use our products.
What is Required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant technical field.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience with C# and the .NET ecosystem.
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming
- Ability to follow software development processes and standards.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to work with a team.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
What is Preferred
- Azure DevOps
- Unit testing
- Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
- Knowledge and application of design patterns
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Developer .NET
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
Read More Here
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department ([ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Software Developer .NET). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- .Net Framework
- Agile Methodology
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- C++ (Programming Language)